Unfortunately it is very sad it say, but there is no way to recover deleted facebook messages or conversation that you had deleted in past by mistake. Once you select to delete a message on Facebook, It is gone from your profile forever. It is next to impossible to recover Facebook messages but we can tell you how to attempt to find a way to get copy of your Facebook message and how to prevent your Facebook messages from getting deleted in future.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
1) Look for Other Locations to find Deleted Messages
Firstly, Understand the different between conversation and messages
Messages are text lines that consists of simple text or photos/links/videos exchanged between you and the other person, while on the other hand conversations are full record of messages exchanged between you and other person since the beginning of the chat.
Open Facebook Messenger
Just go to facebook.com/messages on your desktop/laptop, You will be redirected to the latest messages you have received.
Be sure that you have deleted the messages already
Before you start looking for the deleted message and spend time wondering where the message has gone, be sure that the message has been deleted. Many times it happens that the message/conversation was not deleted and you were still searching for it all day and wasted your time and energy.
Ask the person for screenshot with whom you were having a chat
If your very badly need the message that got deleted then you will have to request the person with whom you were having a chat to send you screenshot of the conversation. This will save your time as you will not have to go crazy in searching the conversation.
Check Archive conversation
There are very high chances that you might have archive messages, if by mistake you have put your messages in Archive and you don’t remember then it is time to check that place first and then search for deleted messages.
Check if your conversations are being sent to your mail id
Many times, people tend to save all the chat they do on Facebook in form of mail, so go check if it’s their or not.
2) Always Backup your messages on Facebook
- Login to your Facebook account
- Go to settings
- click on notifications
- Now click on E-mail
- Click on Enable message backup
3) Download Facebook chat Messages to your computer
- Login to Facebook
- Go to settings
- Now click on the General tab
- Click download a copy button on General page
- Click on deselect all. You will see this link in lower right side of page. This will help in un-checking every box which is on the page.
- Now you have to scroll down and check on the “Messages” Box.
- Checking the message box will download only the data that is required and unnecessary data will not be downloaded.
- Now create file. Just scroll up and click on create file which will be in Blue button. Create file feature will prompt Facebook to create your backup file.
- Check your e-mail after 10 mins. You will be able to get your message backup in 10-15 minutes. Facebook takes some time to backup the data and mail.
- If you are gmail user then you can check this mail in Social folder so stop wasting your time in searching the mail. Also check junk or spam folder if you are using other mail services.
- Once you receive the mail, click on “Your Facebook download is ready”.
- In the email you will see Available files. Click on it.
- Now click on Download.
- You will be asked to enter password. Enter it.
- Now click submit and your file will start downloading in the Zip format.
- Extract all the files and you are done
- You have got all the messages backup on your computer.
We hope you now know that once a message is deleted on Facebook, you cannot retrieve it so it is important to backup all the messages on Facebook so you don’t loose out on important conversation.
If you have any query regarding How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages then kindly comment below, we will help you with it.