Looking for how does whatsApp make money? Well, As you know that The most famous and regularly used social media application in the entire world. Now-a-days the social media is governing the whole world as it is extensively accepted in every country. It is a wide network to stay connected with anyone with its noble features of secure and encrypted chatting, voice and video calling thereby WhatsApp application have made a space in every person’s heart.
Not only for casual chatting it is been used for business deals, journalism and communicating. Here privacy is a big concern so the messages to send on WhatsApp is private for it to be secure WhatsApp has designed end to end encrypted system into its latest version which means no other person even the own WhatsApp cannot read confidential messages of any person.
HOW WHATSAPP ARRIVED?
Some 10 years back if we look there would be no such thing to communicate socially. The small phone with only calling and text messaging facility was enough. But as changes are must and inevitable.
This application was started in 2009 with its version 2.0 for messaging. It was only launched for business talks generally used to chat over business discussion nonetheless, later became a big hit and was used by the entire population. In 2014 the social media giant Facebook purchased the WhatsApp in $19million.
What it is actually?
Basically, it is a free application compatible with any operating system whether android, ios, windows. The hassle-free video and voice calling makes it efficient and prominent application to use regularly it just uses your internet connection.
The WhatsApp users have been increasing since its launch and crossed 300 million users to date, as compared to any other social media this numerical value is very huge.
So, the company does this aid for free? Do the company do business ethically? How does the company profit their employee working for them?
How does WhatsApp Make Money?
Apart from all knowing all this information about WhatsApp, have you ever imagined that how does WhatsApp make money? No, then read the points I have listed below:
Other apps earn with the advertisement shown on their webpage but WhatsApp does not do so. Still, the question remains the same from where they earn?
These are the few questions one might think, nothing is rocket science here is the method how WhatsApp make money. Around 92% of the apps are free to use in any OS, but when it comes to WhatsApp, the team earns by these methods:
1) The apps earn a profit for every download like WhatsApp earns $1 per download on iOS and $1 per year on other operating systems like Android and Windows.
2) The main earning arises from Database management; the word is enough itself to guess the logic. YES! the social media giants know more than you know yourself so drastically, they use your personal data ethically to promote specific ads for you.
3) In easy words, the advertisement company knows people uses these eminent app Facebook and WhatsApp every day so to advertise their product there is no better platform than this, therefore, they take the relevant data from these giants and targets the specific age group to sell their products. That’s how one gets to see only those adds which you want to buy.
4) When you download WhatsApp, you register your number and start talking with your loved ones, without paying a single penny, interesting, right? But no, they charge subscription fee. When you register yourself as a brand-new user, you are allowed to use the application completely free for one year, but after that $0.99 is charged by every user. But still, till today I have not seen anybody paying money to WhatsApp, so we can say that it is a good thing.
The whole database of a person is used for marketing so we itself is a product here which Facebook + WhatsApp now targets.
5) One perhaps interrogates, how this is possible, but eventually, WhatsApp with the use of smartphone knows where you go, what you do regularly, who all are your friends so privacy is thus hampered. But till now WhatsApp haven’t used the private data in an unethical way which is necessary to be trustworthy in the eye of a subscribe
6) You might have noticed the things which you search to buy on Google or Yahoo the same get display on the Facebook app. How they know which product do you want? Apparently, they target what one wants and displays the relevant adds on the social media.
Both WhatsApp and Facebook and now Instagram also keep an eye on the profile, chats so they know more than you what you like.
7) So targeted advertisement here is faithfully used by Facebook collecting accurate personal data from its WhatsApp and Instagram.
Everything has its pros and cons, here too applies the same as WhatsApp gives such incredible features to communicate free of cost and thus expect some personal data from you for their use. This is for sure the data isn’t used for malfeasance use and WhatsApp will continue to provide the extraordinary features for their subscribers.
Also we have listed down some points on How Does Facebook Make Money from pages and groups.
After reading the complete guide, I hope you are clear with how does WhatsApp make money, and you have also found it quite interesting.
We are and we will always be thankful to the developers for these communication applications as because of them only we are connected with our loved ones via messages, audio and video calls. Before, there was only WhatsApp and Facebook but now there are many other social media applications that you can use for communicating.
We are soon going to be back with more interesting tutorials and articles that will surely leave you in shock. Technology is updating itself on regular basis and we are the one who are here to provide you information on latest technologies so that you can also keep yourself updated with the latest trends.
So, stay tuned and don’t miss the updates, enjoy life and stay happy!