Digital Marketing Interview Questions : We are living in the world where connectivity became the real game changer. Today, if we see the transformation of technology from past few decades we can quickly feel that now we are living in more digital age as compared to few decades or centuries ago. As the people grow old, technologies does the same but here is the big difference between people growing old and technology growing old. People tends to become smarter so does technology but a certain point the maturity & smartness of people tends to become weaken and it is not similar in case of technology—as old the technology as smarter and advance the technology.
So, now you are thinking what the connection between technology and marketing is, both are different but as the time goes they are becoming more integral part of each other.
If you will ask me does any organization rely only on digital media only? I would personally say YES! It can be at certain level because exceptions are always there and you can’t deny the fact that there are many places on the earth where the reach of technology is not there, so there is least chance for using digital media over there but when you ask about enthusiasm for digital media platforms, Yes they do like it. So, in broader sense digital media is becoming the connector plugin for access of digital content some of you could relate it what I actually mean.
The traditional form of Marketing do differ from digital form, the need for digital marketer is booming as the country is developing and this is the reason why Digital Marketing in 2018 became not only among the most desirable job but also one of the highest paid job. In Marketing field you can’t just rely on traditional one you have to adapt with current circumstances and digital media is one of those.
However, as the time passes the digital marketer’s interview is also becoming very tough and more challenge and to beat that challenges here we have some questions which are most asked in digital marketing interview along with strategic and most satisfying answers.
100+ Digital Marketing Interview Questions and Answers Guide
So let’s begin!
They usually ask questions with peripheral nodes.
1) Why do you think Digital media is becoming more essential today?
Answer- As far as technology is concern, the more the world is revolutionized more the technology is taking place over it. Digital media as a matter of fact became one of the crucial element because people who are the ultimate consumer or whether it would be customer they are more often relying on digital content. Here, I am not only talking about the internet but also about the Digital-out-of-home marketing they are more eye catchy as compared to traditional ones. Digital media had made itself a different sector with different segmentation—they are precise, accurate, ease to access, two-way etc.
2) The word marketing is not new but the word digital marketing is very new why do you think more people want’s to learn—Digital Marketing and want to have similar job profile like you?
Answer- When we talk about Marketing it’s not only about the product or service but also about the customer satisfaction and theoretically marketing is all about customer satisfaction before and after sales. As the market grows and expands they needs and wants starts getting diversified. Today, we don’t have the same need what we have 10 years back. So, people want’s to learn this because it’s the only thing that can help either in their job profile or on business to succeed because today customer has the huge presence over the internet and that presence created the demand for digital presence, people think if your business is present on internet your business is definitely present across all over the globe.
3) Where do you see Digital Marketing in upcoming 10 years?
Answer- The only sector which is converting content into money, the most prestigious sector to outshine yourself in competition
4) Personally what do you like Digital Marketing or traditional marketing?
Answer- Digital marketing
5) Do there fundamentals remains same?
Answer- Fundamentals of marketing would be same but fundamentals of digitization strategy would be different.
6) Any specific reason why you like Digital Marketing over traditional marketing apart from being current cash cow and you said fundamentals of marketing remains same, so it is not like that traditional one is mother to digital?
Answer- The reason is obvious—my interest and keen to acquire more knowledge when it comes to digital marketing and about traditional being the mother of digital marketing yes I do agree with the fact. But to learn about Digital marketing I think it would be better I we would know the basic ABC of traditional marketing to make the base better and much stronger.
7) I have one line statement in my mind, I hope you could further add on to it “Implementing digital marketing tactics allows company to target specific audiences & measure each tactic effectively” anything else would you like to add into this statement?
- Online world coastally evolving and expanding.
- New channels are developing with greater frequency.
- Audiences are exploring new sources of online content.
- To identify effective marketing channels marketers, spend considerable amount of time & efforts.
- Identifying and understanding dynamics of digital marketing channels.
- Evaluating these channels relative to overall organizational goals & objectives.
- Once digital marketing strategy established, it must be monitored and evaluated to ensure its relevance to the target audiences.
- Address frequently change consumer: – need, preferences, online trends.
- Required to stay in touch with customer and meet corporate objective are explored.
- Determine their relevance in achieving performance targets.
8) Can you give some examples of Digital Marketing channels?
Answer- Viral Videos, social media, blog, website, online promotion, SEO, ROI, E-mail.
9) What does exactly from theoretical point of view Digital Marketing does in organization?
Answer- Organization need to stay in touch with potential customers and meet corporate objectives this is the only primary reason why Digital Marketing is important.
10) How does metrics plays role in marketing when it comes to digital media?
Answer- Marketing team analyzing the internet behavior patterns of target audience & identifying all possible media used by consumers online. It observe macro trends, that may impact the way they market their products or services to consumer that can help how to devolve and implement marketing strategies to be effective. Output of this process comprehensive understanding of the various Digital Marketing Channel.
11) So, (your name) how do you see Digital Marketing guiding the marketing channels by helping employee?
- Digital Marketing strategies define targets for digital marketing strategy.
- Seeking senior management guidance when defining DM strategy.
- It is important to initiate Digital Marketing efforts to achieve desired strategic objectives.
12) For success full implementation of Digital Marketing strategy & utilization plan organization must have cleared about 3 foundation components. What would be those 3 foundation’s according to you?
1) DM targets- Established by marketing strategy
2) Market segment- That organization has focus on
3) Consumer needs and values- That organization aims to address
13) Can you briefly describe about Senior management role in Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing team can identify Digital Marketing channels that best enables business to reach current customers and acquired new customers but without senior management insight team may not be clear on senior management’s vision for Digital Marketing nor team won’t have a comprehensive understanding of marketing & how Digital Marketing can be utilized to support marketing efforts & achieve objectives.
14) Any two essential required for Digital Marketing Team?
Answer-Team creating Digital Marketing strategy must have knowledge of organization’s existing websites and team needs to understand company aims to market and sell through website.
15) Can you briefly describe your last statement?
Answer- Products, Brands, services, number of visitors coming to the site, profile of that customer, time spent on site, feedback, conversion rate. This data can use as a benchmarks of data measuring effectiveness of future strategies.
16) Can Digital Marketing team can also compare existing website information with competitors based on Industry statistics & Different website?
Answer- Yes they can.
17) Can you give some examples of Digital Marketing tools performance?
- Google analytics provide detailed statistics
- Visitor traffic
- Audience profile
- Visitors flow to different sites
- Conversion tracking
- Real-time data
18) How mobile, tablets & smart-watches is important for Digital Marketers?
- Mobile, tablet & smart watches often form a large part of DM strategy
- Company can use this for one-to-one communication
- Mobile version of website helps business reach consumer across all devices
- Mobile website also helps in the SEO (content, update, keywords, search) of site.
- Multiple pages index to the main website increases website’s organic ranking which is useful for online presence.
- In order to obtain a level of optimization on mobile sites team must understand feature & content of mobile/Tablet/Devices knowledge.
- Many consumer use mobile phones for product reviews, price comparisons and find information about products
- As increase uses of technology company’s DM strategy must take advantages of this trend
- Online retail company prompts its visitors to install its mobile app to receive attractive offers.
19) According to you what is Social media in one line?
Answer- It is an umbrella term that includes web-based software and services.
20) What does it exactly do (Social media in Digital world)?
Answer- It brings users together online & allows them exchange ideas, discuss issues & communicate with one another & participate in forms of social interaction.
21) Name some different forms of social media which Digital Marketers can use?
Answer-Blogs, audio-visual sharing sites, forums, personal networking sites & professional networking sites.
22) So you named few social media which can be used by Digital Marketers so can it bring some fruits to any organization?
Answer- Yes it does-
- It can help drive traffic to the company’s website.
- It is also a platform likely to reach certain target segments.
- Marketers must be aware of paid opportunities within social media.
- Combination of paid and earned campaigns yield best results.
23) As a Digital Marketer what is some important things which one should be aware of?
- Digital marketer must be aware of all DM channels.
- Understanding latest online communication trends.
- Emerging DM channels.
- Data on consumer spending.
- Overall consumer behavior in this digital age.
- Staying abreast of newest trends in consumer behavior on Digital environment.
24) Since we are talking much about this can you give me some examples of information sources for Digital Marketer? I mean if you are at that place how would you obtain the current scenario in this digital marketing world?
Information sources: -industry reports, expert discussion & articles, market research reports, DM news sources & blogs.
Consumer trends and patterns, no. & values of internet orders, internet spending by market segment, geographic area & product category. It gives insights on optimally utilizing DM in particular market segment & product category.
25) What are some common ways by which companies establish two-way communication using the digital technology via digital marketing only through Social Media presence?
Companies make use social site for interaction for monitor brand perception in consumer mind. Interact with consumer to understand their needs and requirements. Meeting and discussions provide forum for discussion for brand perception knowledge & consumer trends & collaborate on tactics that team can implement & build on strength & address any concerns. Team meet with experts & conduct competitor analysis for how to reach consumer.
26) You know there are certain workshops, expert training and knowledge sharing are being done nowadays. So what you can learn from those, I am talking in context to Digital Marketing?
- To implement a good digital strategy
- Organization must keep up and understand with technology
- Understanding technology platforms available & best practicing creating engaging user experience across of verity of devices also important
- DM changes happen at fast pace for establishing culture that fosters growth and innovation
- Knowledge of technology infrastructure
- Customer centric focus will ensure long term success
- Every website needs to maintain basic SEO hygiene
- SEO instructor can help company’s marketing team & product team collaborate with web design team & technical team
27) What is relevant from Consumer perspective in not only digital marketing but also the traditional way of marketing?
- Culture nuances
- Demographic factors
28) How usability and design of website helps Digital Marketing team?
- Digital Marketing team must consider how customer is, a tech savvy or not and according that make its website content
- Design of site depend on users & company
- Development supports task oriented behavior such as make change to one’s account and purchase product or services
29) Can list out what Digital Marketing Planning means to Digital marketing team?
Answer-DM team must work with website development team for plan execution of website Like, creating story board, listing functional requirement, building database structure, developing wireframe, & determine hypermedia linkages, SEO key words, graphical design components, user interface designs, audio video source, animation & text requirement & formats.
30) And what do you think Performance of website can be logical for Digital Marketers?
Digital Marketer team must consider logical design of good website & compare performance of company’s website & competitors’ website. Check for effective performance & perform usability testing of website to ensure that it is easy to use.
31) Since we have talked about performance how does maintenance of those things would be important and can you give some example?
Website create online presence for brand but at the same time Downtime may affect adversely impact direct online sales & also taint brand reputation.
Say for example if using CMS-content management system for the content than on regular basis we can maintain the contents there won’t be any disruptive if maintained properly. You can relate this with E-commerce website.
32) Blogs, how we can use as part of digital marketing?
- A regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.
- It contains images, info graphics & videos.
- Blogs are part of overall content marketing strategies which give information to potential customer.
- Example:-RSS: – rich site summary
- RSS feeds benefits users who want update from favorite websites, it removes manually check website for new content.
- While contributing to website’s ranking search engine, contribution from established bloggers are considered credible.
33) Discussion forum, how we can use as part of digital marketing?
- Websites used for discussing issues related to specific topic.
- Participation may ask registration.
- Some hosted & moderated by company and some are independent.
- Company participate to build a positive identity.
34) Professional networking sites, how we can use as part of digital marketing?
Answer- This site relates with people, group & companies for sharing professional updates, content & discussion which is related to organization, company, product or a profession. Companies share updates that because of product launch, offers & discounts, announcing changing in policies & sharing media converge. Relevant and engaging updates can help companies build and retain loyal customers.
35) Social networking sites, how we can use as part of digital marketing?
Posts that pertain people or groups sharing personal updates share with belongings, this gives opportunity for companies to share their brand personality, events, sales, & discount coupons.
36) Video sharing sites, how we can use as part of digital marketing?
- Sharing videos, audios, infographics, images.
- Integrate discussion forum element into audio visual sharing. Ex-YouTube
37) Apart from all this any other ways, how we can use as part of digital marketing?
Usage across different social media channels is limited.
Tools- collaborative websites & content discovery sites.
Collaborative websites, this website created by group of people working together to build content. Some provide raw content, review content, format content. Ex- Wikipedia
Content discovery sites like- Reddit & Stumble Upon where people share content they find interesting or useful.
38) Any two benefits for Digital Marketer to use E-mail marketing?
- Alternative to traditional offline direct mail initiatives.
- Business communicate with existing customers using internal lists.
39) Any other ways to understand of availability of Digital Marketing channels?
- Web analytics evaluate and understand available digital channels.
- In this collection, measurement, reporting, analysis for web data.
40) How can you categorize the digital marketing?
Answer- Broadly into two:-
Inbound Marketing: This techniques takes the help of social media, digital content in e-books, webinars or e-newsletter to increase the number of clicks on links and learn more about a company and its services.
Outbound Marketing: This segment includes placing ads, cold-calls, e-mails or reach out potential customers through digital mediums.
41) Explain what is a keyword in digital marketing?
Answer- Keyword in digital marketing is the word that a user’s or person enters into a search engine to find specific information.
42) Mention what are the key areas where you can use keywords to optimize the site ranking?
For better page ranking, you must use the keywords in following areas
- Keyword in Website URL
- Keyword in Website Title
- Keyword in Meta tag
- Keyword in Web page content
- Keyword density in body text
- Keywords in Headlines
43) Can you tell what is on-page and off page optimization?
On page optimization: On page optimization directly deals with the content and structure of the website and Off page optimization: It is the process of boosting your search engine ranking by getting external links pointing back to it
44) Can give examples of few online marketing tools?
- Google Analytics
- XML Sitemap Generator
- Keyword discovery
- Digital point keyword tracker
- Crazy egg heat maps
- Favicon generator
45) What is Ad negative keywords?
Answer- To improve campaign relevancy and reduce wasted spend, add non-converting terms /negative keywords. (When search with that keyword, it will not show your website/content)
46) What is add more PPC keyword?
Answer- By adding more keywords that are relevant to your business, you can expand the reach of your pay per click.
47) And Review costly PPC keyword?
Answer- It is reviewing un-performing expensive keywords.
48) What does refine land page means in digital marketing?
Answer- It is use to align with individual search queries modify the content and call-to-action of your landing page.
49) What we can do by adding split ad groups?
Answer- By splitting up your ad groups into smaller and more relevant ad groups, you can improve click-through-rate (CTR).
50) Exactly, you can improve CTR but what according to you CTR is?
Answer- Click-through rate (CTR) is an incredibly important concept in search engine marketing. The simplest definition is that click-through rate is the percentage of people who click on your ad after seeing your ad.
We have also listed down best SEO Interview Questions so that you are prepared for SEO questions and answer it well.
51) CTR formula, how can we calculate it?
Answer- Total Clicks on Ad/ Total impressions
52) What is CTR advertising?
Answer- Click-through rate (CTR) is the ratio of users who click on a specific link to the number of total users who view a page, email, or advertisement.
53) Why CTR in Advertising used?
Answer- It is used to measure the success of an online advertising campaign for a particular website as well as the effectiveness of email campaigns.
54) What do you understand by CPM? Can you give examples?
Answer- Cost per mile (CPM) is a marketing term used to denote the price of 1,000 advertisement impressions on one webpage. If a website publisher charges $2.00 CPM, that means an advertiser must pay $2.00 for every 1,000 impressions of its ad. The “M” in CPM represents the Roman numeral for 1,000.
55) What is the other name of CPM
Answer- Cost per thousand
56) When we see Digital Marketing world, we often hear this word called CPA apart from CPM, CTR, PPC—what is CPA here?
Answer- Cost per action (CPA) is an online advertising marketing strategy that allows an advertiser to pay for a specified action from a prospective customer. Doing a CPA campaign is relatively low risk for the advertiser, as payment only has to be made when a specific action takes place.
57) Okay, there is another tool in these above mentioned C’s which is used for lead generations, what is that tool called?
Answer- Cost per lead,
58) What does CPL does?
Answer- It is an online advertising pricing model, where the advertiser pays for an explicit sign-up from a consumer interested in the advertiser’s offer.
59) Common name for CPL?
Answer- It is also commonly called online lead generation.
60) What are the primary models for pay-per-click or PPC?
Answer- Flat rate PPC and Bid Based PPC
61) Describe Flat rate PPC in own words?
Answer- In this type of model, both publisher and advertiser agree to a fixed amount that will be paid for each click. In most time, the publisher has a rate card for PPC plan based on different areas of their website or network. The amount varies as per the content that generally attracts more or less people.
62) What is Bid Based Pay-per-Click than?
Answer- In this the advertiser competes with other advertisers in a private auction hosted by a publisher. The advertiser will inform publisher for the maximum amount of bid he is willing to pay.
63) Mention what is an effective PPC keyword should be like?
- Exhaustive : It is used as apart from most popular keywords it should include the “long tail of search”
- Expansive: PPC is iterative, therefore the keyword list should be constantly growing and adapting
- Relevant : It list out the targeted keywords
64) How do you define bad links or spamy links?
- Links from link exchanges
- Links from sites that are unrelated to your sites
- Link from the same anchor texts coming from multiple sites
- Links from low Page Rank and Low traffic
- Links from those sites that are not in Google index
- Paid links is also one of them
- Spammy links from blogs or articles.
65) Who are categorized as Unique Visitors or UV?
Answer- They are number of distinct individuals visiting pages of a website during a specific time period, regardless of how often they visit.
66) From digital marketing aspect what do you understand by Per Inquiry or in short the abbreviation PI?
Answer- Per Inquiry, also known as cost per inquiry, is a form of performance-based marketing that has a variety of channels (TV, radio, print, and Internet) to create a custom campaign that brings you incoming leads while giving you mass exposure.
67) In similar fashion what do you think Page view means?
Answer- In web analytics page view is the number of web pages viewed during a specific time period.
68) What is CPC means?
Answer- CPC is nothing but Cost per click it is the price advertisers pay every time somebody clicks on their online ads.
69) Meaning of Pay Per Click or PPC?
Answer- It has the same meaning that CPC but used with different acronyms.
70) The price an advertiser pays for each conversion such as impressions, clicks, form submissions, downloads, etc. what it is called?
Answer- CPA: Cost Per Acquisition
71) What is RON?
Answer- Run of Network
72) What Run of Network exactly is?
Answer-It is form of advertising in which advertisers are not able to choose the type of site where their online ads will be run.
73) What is ROC or Run Of Channel
Answer- Online campaigns run on multiple channels of a specific publisher are known as ROC.
74) Describe Real-Time Bidding?
Answer- RBT or Real-Time Bidding refers to the buying and selling of online ad impressions via real-time auction occurring during the time a webpage takes to load.
75) Lots of R’s are there lastly what is Run of Site means in digital marketing?
Answer- When an online advertising campaign or ad targets every page of a specific site.
76) What does SOV stands for?
Answer- Share Of Voice
77) What does SOV exactly means?
Answer- It means the share of total advertising exposure that a business gets in comparison to its competitors within a specific time frame.
78) When we are talking about Digital marketing should also ask soething related to Google because Google has many thing when it comes to Digital Marketing. So my first question from Google perspective is what Is Google Adwords?
Answer- Google Adwords is the single most popular PPC advertising system in the world. It works on Pay per click model. The AdWords platform enables the business to create ads that appear on Google search engine and their other properties.
79) Since we are talking about Google Adwords so we should not forget about Keywords. I hope you know what Keywords means and how important it is but my question is bit different here what is Keyword Streaming?
Answer-Keyword streaming means analyzing the relevant keywords and choose the best keyword for the website based on its target, in order to get organic traffics and leads through the keywords.
80) If you are in situation where you need to write Call to Action how will you write Call To Action?
Answer-It must be clear, and very simple. It should be somewhere towards the top of your email for those who won’t finish reading the whole email, and then repeated again at the end for those who do read all the way through. It should spell out exactly what you want subscribers to do, such as, “Click here to download our report.” Taking “control” of your brand isn’t really possible anymore, thanks to social media. Whether you’re in the conversation or not, people will talk about you online, and there’s no way for you to “control” what they say. But what you can do is join in those conversations, and influence them by being a part of them. From negative reviews on Yelp to customer complaints on Twitter, the way to influence your audience’s perception of your brand is to participate in the conversations, and steer them in a direction you’re happy with.
81) Strategically, should each department of any Company have its own Social Media Initiatives?
Answer- Well, frankly speaking it depends company’s social media activities don’t have to all come from the same place – but they do need to be coordinated, and that can be hard to do when each department is doing their own thing. Sending differing messages causes more confusion to customers than anything else – consistency is key.
82) What are some common Social Media Marketing mistakes Business make while doing digital marketing?
Answer- One of the worst mistakes is inconsistency – only posting sporadically, and not responding when consumers reach out to engage. Another biggie is using social media as a place to announce your own content and nothing more, without ever engaging in discussions or adding comments to the post that make your audience want to click or like or share.
83) What is Email newsletter? Can you explain giving example relating with it’s necessities?
Answer-For some businesses, a newsletter is the way to go. For others, a different approach works better. Newsletters usually feature several different pieces of content, such as recent blog posts and current specials. But it’s also perfectly fine to send an email featuring only one piece of content, or an individual marketing message. Tailor your email structure to your unique audience, and see what works best through experimentation.
84) How long should be an average email should look?
Answer- As far as I have read in psychology the average person will only spend about 20 seconds reading an email, so use that as a guideline while writing email’s.
85) What if your email will take longer than 20 seconds to read, what will happen than?
Answer- You have to be very precise in this matter—make sure that the most important information, as well as your call to action and links, are located near the top, where they can be seen without having to scroll down. However, this is bit tricky but yes you have to be cautious while writing emails, it should not exceed more than 20 sec reads because there are many emails in the readers inbox, they will read only and only if they find it interesting otherwise they my just “mark it as read”, it happens in many cases you might have also done the same.
86) Any advice which you have thought of while writing any email?
Answer- The single best piece of advice we can give when it comes to writing a marketing email is to keep the following in mind: The purpose of every email you write is to deepen your relationship with each individual subscriber. That means writing to them as if they were a friend, or at least a real-life person, rather than sounding like a used car salesman.
87) So can we force subscriber to click on the link and open our email?
Answer- Legally No. but there are many illegal ways which is not advisable like direct redirecting and all that stuffs.
88) But can we do that( in response to last question)
Answer-But legally you can do a bit the key to getting subscribers to open your emails is by writing a best subject line every time. Other than your company name, that’s all they have to help them make that split-second decision when they see your email in their inbox.
89) What do you think about segmenting the Emails, should it be advisable
Answer- It depends
90) So, should I segment my Email lists accordingly?
Answer-If you have the resources to write that extra content, and the flexibility within your niche to divvy your subject matter up into segments, then by all means, yes! Segmenting your email list is a great way to personalize marketing messages according to subscribers’ individual interests, making them that much more effective.
91) Interestingly, employers look at social networks in all stages of the interview process. So, what do you think how does it helps for an organization?
Answer- I have read Data from an AdWeek survey shows that:
- 47% of employers look at a candidate’s social media profiles after receiving their application
- 27% check a candidate’s social media profiles after their first interview
- 15% check after their second interview with a candidate
- 4% check just before making a job offer
This means that even if your interview is successful, a poorly thought out Tweet from years ago or a Facebook party photo could be all it takes for you to miss out on receiving a job offer from the company. Mostly, happens in big companies they check your social media presence.
92) What is content optimization in digital marketing according to you?
Answer- Some digital marketing experts say that content is the silver bullet of digital marketing. Whether it is a website, social media platforms or emails, the quality, consistency, relevance and frequency of updating of content plays a crucial role. Nobody likes information which is poorly written in context and full of grammatical errors!
93) Can you give few examples, in how many ways content can be published?
- Web pages
94) Can mobile marketing will be the big thing tomorrow for digital marketing?
Answer- Yes it will be because 80% of internet users are on mobile.
95) Which Email-marketing will you use when you will be selected as Digital Marketer here—Corporate mails or Personal mails?
Answer- Corporate mails
96) Why Corporate mails
Answer- Because people of corporate mails have to check or read the mail every day.
97) Can digital marketing is best alternative for higher ROI?
98) How come it gives higher ROI?
Answer- It’s inexpensive and more segmented and two way. Everything at cheaper rate compared to traditional marketing.
99) Can you list some various types for Digital Marketing?
Answer- Content marketing, blogs, search engine optimization (SEO), website designing, web banner ads, paid search (SEM or search engine marketing), affiliate marketing, mobile marketing (SMS, MMS in-app marketing), email marketing, social media management, social media advertising etc.
100) Online PR can be considered as Digital Marketing channel?
Answer- Yes, it’s among the channels of Digital Marketing.
So, these were some Digital Marketing interview questions. Today if we see almost 7 out of 10 people are on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and LinkedIn today but does it make difference? Yes it is, especially, the marketing sector had been revolutionized more because of presence of digital technology or in other words digital media.